An issue has been identified at an OPW supplier which has led to the immediate stoppage of sales of OPW swivel connector models 241 TPS Series and 36S with stamped manufacture dates between January 2013 and March 2017. This applies to 3/4 and 1 inch swivels. The specific models and date codes are listed on the Recall Alert as well as a list of the specific parts numbers affected.
OPW has identified a concern with a retaining rod used in the affected swivel connectors. In certain rare cases, the retaining rod may not perform as expected, resulting in unintended separation at the swivel connections, presenting a risk of fuel spillage. Additionally, while regulations and warnings prohibit the presence of ignition sources at the pump, there is a potential fire hazard if an ignition source is nevertheless present. Because the quality and safety of OPW products is paramount, they are stopping sales and recalling of all potentially affected swivels, effective immediately.
This communication pertains only to the specific swivels and hose kits identified on the Recall Alert and does not pertain to other OPW swivel models or products.
Here is an excerpt from the recall alert stressing the need to take immediate action on this recall notification:
IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED:
- Inspect your gas pumps and identify any OPW swivel connectors with the affected model numbers and within the affected date range.
- Remove or replace all swivels with the affected model numbers and within the affected date range.
- If the swivel was installed as part of a hose kit, only the swivel needs to be replaced, not the entire hose kit.
- Register for the recall using the https://OpwSwivelRecall.expertinquiry.com website or by calling 1-866-562-5931 between 9am and 5pm EST Monday through Friday. You must provide contact information and certain information to identify the affected swivels to be replaced.
- OPW will directly ship new, alternative swivels to replace your recalled swivels.
- Tag and dispose of the recalled swivels per the instructions provided with your
- REMOVE OR REPLACE AND DO NOT REUSE RECALLED SWIVELS. THERE IS A RISK OF FIRE, SERIOUS PERSONAL INJURY, AND DEATH.
OPW regrets this inconvenience to you and your business and appreciates your patience as we work to ensure the safety and quality of our products.
If you have any further questions, please contact us immediately at 1.800.451.4021
We appreciate your continued business and support. We hope to see you next Wednesday, March 29th at our Make Your Station Safe Again Trade Show!